Sunday, September 6, 2009

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE

So, for those of you who have been keeping track (anybody? anybody?), this is my 100th post. Yay for that! Yay for me sticking with a project that long. Yay for you making me want to keep doin this. Thanks for hanging in there, everyone.

Anyway, if you know me personally, you are probably aware that very imminently I am moving here:
A young white male from Austin, TX moving to New York City, specifically somewhere in Brooklyn or Queens? I don't know what to say. You're going to have to find a way to wrap your head around that. There are reasons for this. Partly, it is because I do not want to grow complacent and/or stagnant, thus becoming resentful and, as some would say, pissing in the pickle jar. Don't get me wrong, I love this pickle jar: that's why I don't want to piss in it. Partly, it is because an adventure sounds so good right now and now is an excellent time for an adventure.

So, what does this mean for you, avid reader? Well firstly, I don't think I can keep covering happenings in a city I don't live in. That's a given. Beyond that, you can expect largely more of the same. Ok, that's not very clear. In other words, this blog will probably become slightly more "personal," but will continue to do most of the things it has done before: social commentary, the posting of amazing things to hear and look at from the real and internet worlds, and hopefully some things I haven't thought of yet. Just not things to do in Austin. For now. In the next few weeks I'll be posting about blogs that I feel are good/far superior substitutes to my events coverage. Gaping hole in your life: filled.

Thanks to everyone that's helped make this blog such a pleasure to write so far. Shine on, you cray cray diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment