Thursday, September 3, 2009

MY BRAIN

Thursday things to do. There is a social ride tonight. If you're like me and your bike is perpetually breaking down, you work until later, or you are just too dang lazy, you DO still have some good options.

Hot Britches, DJ Blake Brandon, and oj_did_it bring their power/fury/good music to the Iron Gate on 6th and Waller. Lily white, have no fear: this former "scary" bar is under new management and brimming with shiny disco balls and pool tables. I hear the patio is really cool, but I haven't seen it myself. Did I mention it's right across the street from Cheer Up Charlie's and just down the street from Shangri La? And it's free? Now I have. Nice dudes, good music, and a chance to explore a new environs are all excellent reasons you should do this!

The HUGE monthly spot goes out in style. I caught Prince William at the Broken Teeth party last week and he is amazing. Fantastic. Good things. No doubt you know Deejay YaYYaY, Dubbel Dutch, and French Toast by now, but there's not any harm in getting reacquainted, is there?

BONUSI

No comments:

Post a Comment