Thursday, April 30, 2009

MUCH MUCH TO DO

and that means much much to talk about. Let's start with some things happening today that slipped my mind
The fine folks at parts and labor are celebrating their reopening with beer, vodka, and clothes/various artifacts created by local designers/artists. I was never aware that they were closed, but it's a good thing they're back. I'm a big fan of the New Bohemia and Parts & Labor family, so go out and give them some love from me while I'm at work
And all the way from the exotic landscape of Oklahoma City, WILDLIFE brings you Kids at the Bar! As always, it's happening at Barcelona. WILDLIFE is everywhere these day, no? Good for them
No idea what this is really, but it's $5 for some live music and all the really tasty coffee you can afford. And Anglophilia abounds at Elysium:
I wonder if anyone will have the nerve to play Elastica. Prepare to hear music from Manchester

FRIDAY COMES LIKE A LION
My good pals in the Eastern Sea are doing a live recording! That's cool! I remember back in the day when Matt was playing by himself, with just a guitar, a tape recorder, and a dream - er talent. You get the idea. It's always goo to see an old friend doing well. If you're interested, facebook event page is here
And back with a new color scheme, it's the weekly TGIF party. Looks like a familiar slew of talented gentlemen will be providing the musics

SATURDAY
The White White Lights are opening for UME at La Zona Rosa. Highly recommended! More people I know making music. I'm hugely biased, but whatever. The WWLs are only getting better. I hear tell there's a $5 cover, but you can dodge it if you RSVP. Lots of house parties on Saturday, but for the sake of preserving friendships, I can't say more. Text me if you know me

More to come! Happy birthday to everyone! Congratulations!

BONUS

more where that came from here

No comments:

Post a Comment